- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, please contact us at
QUANTUM may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24th May 2018.
Where we collect Information
Registering on our website
In order to use the online shop and to complete an order you will be asked to register on the website. The registration process requires you to provide your Name, Address, Email Address and other details which enable us to provide the services necessary for the operation of the online shop, such as delivery and invoicing. The information we gather is encrypted and is securely stored in our databases to be available for re-use on your subsequent visits to the site. When registering you will will be asked to confirm the use of your information. If you prefer not to have your information stored, you can purchase as a guest user in which case your information will only be used for the purpose of handling your single purchase and it will then be deleted when no longer needed.
Using our online shop - ordering
When you place an order in our online shop the details you supplied at time of first registration, or alternative shipping or invoicing addresses you may subsequently have supplied, will be recalled from our databases to speed up the ordering process. Any new address information you may supply will be recorded and stored as will details of the products you are ordering. The online shop stores session information like pagination, current currency, current zone, selected payment method, etc. These details are stored in the PHP session on the server until the session expires.
Using our online shop - payments
We offer various methods of payment for transactions in our online shop:
- PayPal - payments made using this option are handled off-site directly with PayPal through their secure payments mechanism and are notified to us by Paypal on completion so that we know to go ahead with shipping your goods - we do not store or see any details about your PayPal account.
- Direct Bank Transfer - payments made by this method are handled by you through your normal online banking or other processes. We do not see or store any information about your bank account/s.
- Credit or Debit Card Payments - payments made by this method are handled off-site using the Paypal or Stripe secure payments gateways - we do not store or see any details about your card or payment method.
- Telephone or Email orders - we do not accept credit or debit card details by telephone or email - for orders placed by telephone or email we will send you an invoice through the Paypal or Stripe Secure Gateways. This will contain links to enable you to complete your payment in a secure way - we do not store or see any details about your payment method.
For security reasons we do not collect or store any credit card information ourselves, we process your orders once we get confirmation of payment through the remote payment gateways.
In addition, we also collect information when you visit our website/s to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may include:
- Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you visit our website/s. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any of our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. The data collected may include metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs, and location information. This information can include specific data about pages you visit, links you click, dates and times, the browser used and your interactions with the website. Some of the data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. In particular this applies for registered users of the website to provide easy return log in facilities.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to users' needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and some functions may not work. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit https://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The table below explains the cookies we use, or may use, and why.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
|QUANTUM site cookie acceptance
|Persistent Cookie expiring after 365 days (you can delete this in your browser at any time if you no longer wish to be remembered).
|Content Management System (CMS) session cookies
|This cookie is set by our shop management system upon arrival at the website and is essential for its correct operation. The purpose is to store session variables such as login state, current location in site, etc.
|This cookies has no other uses and is deleted when a user closes their browser.
|Content Management System (CMS)
|This cookie is set by our shop management system when a user logs in using their registration details.
|This cookies has no other uses and is deleted when a user closes their browser.
*To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Social Website Cookies
In common with many other websites we may include sharing buttons on our website/s relating to popular Social Media Websites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc so you can easily "Like" or share our content through these services. The privacy implications vary depending on the policies of these social media sites and will depend to some extent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks. It should be noted that Facebook do use 'Like' buttons to record your visits to any website containing them, whether or not you click on these and irrespective of whether you are currently logged in on Facebook. There are software applications available, such Abine's Do Not Track Me plug-ins for for popular web browsers, which can be installed on web browsers to automatically prevent tracking by social Media and many hundreds of other advertising tracking type cookies.
External Web Services
We may, at times, use external web services on our website, mainly to display content within our web pages. For example, to display images we may occasionally use Flickr or similar photo storage sites; to show videos we may use YouTube. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use in the future when embedding content, but these are the most common types. We cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of any embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not be able to identify you but they are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. in the case of YouTube the number of views, plays, loads, etc. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page.
How we use information.
We always aim to collect only the data that is essential to provide our services to you and to restricting the use and purpose of that data to only:
- Data where you have given your permission
- Data required to provide the Services you purchase or interact with
- Data we may be required or permitted to keep for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
Providing, servicing and updating the Services we provide to you.
We collect information relating to your purchases, use and interactions with our services, products or website. We use this information for:
- Internal record keeping and to enable us to process any orders you may place in our shop.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails or newsletters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided and where you indicated that we may do so.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Much of the data we collect is not linked to any personal data but, where it can be linked or is linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
Sharing your information
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties, with whom we have made arrangements to provide us with necessary business services, such as:
- Processing credit card payments - (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, Banks, etc.)
- Delivery Services (e.g, DHL, Hermes GmbH, Amazon, Fedex)
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from using, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Communicating with you
We may contact you:
- in connection with products or services you have purchased from us as required to deliver transactional or service related communications.
- with offers for additional services we think you'll find valuable where allowed based upon legitimate interests or where you have given us consent.
- by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may use any information you provide to customise or improve our website and communication systems.
Transfer of personal data abroad.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requirements.
We will disclose information about you as may be required by law, or as necessary to respond to any legal process/es, to protect property and rights, or to prevent illegal activities. We will endeavour to notify you if this happens and we are legally permitted so to do.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
QUANTUM will respect your legal rights to your data. Listed below are the rights that you have under law, and what QUANTUM does to protect those rights:
The right to be informed - QUANTUM is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed about what we do with your personal information. We aim always to be clear about how we use your data.
The right to access - You have the right to access your information. If you are a registered user of the website, you will be able access and amend the information we hold online. In other cases you will need to write to us requesting this. If we do hold information about you, subject to proof of identity, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to provide us with proof of identity and put the request in writing to the email address provided at the bottom of this section.
The right to rectification - If the information QUANTUM holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we will also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact us if you need us to rectify your information.
The right to erasure - This is sometimes called 'the right to be forgotten'. If you want us to erase all your personal data where we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact us to request this.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict processing of your data, please contact us to request this.
The right to object - You have the right to object to QUANTUM processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, or processing for the purpose of statistics. If you wish to object please contact us to request this.
The right to withdraw consent - If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and QUANTUM will stop using your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact us to request this.
Please Note: If you have submitted information using multiple email addresses or names, you will need to express your privacy choices for each of them separately using the applicable procedures above.
By disclosing personal information to us you consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this Policy.
How to contact us
Quantum Rubber Limited
4 Lees Mill